Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Specialist supports the execution of all member communications to encourage member acquisition and retention. The position is responsible for developing, writing, editing and producing printed and online communications. The Marketing Specialist is the liaison with internal departments and serves as our brand ambassador who ensures that member communications meet our standards. This involves leading and project managing communications projects from conception to completion. The Marketing Specialist serves as owner of certain external vendor relationship such as creative agencies, mail houses and printers to ensure production of and distribution of various communications and materials. The Marketing Specialist is also responsible for managing BMCHP social media outlets, and researching, developing, and executing content on a daily basis. S/he will develop reports to share with Senior Leadership on a regular basis. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for leading and contributing to special projects as needed such as the development of brand guidelines, member lifecycle mapping, and special internal communications to promote external marketing projects.
- Writes copy for newsletters, health mailers, member materials, websites, member enrollment kits and ad hoc letters
- Manages the revision and approval process for above mentioned communications with internal stakeholders, legal, regulatory boards, and vendors.
- Works with various printers and mail and fulfillment houses to ensure proper production and distribution of various communications/materials
- Revises external communications developed outside of marketing to ensure that materials meet our member communication standards
- Supports Manager on work related to creation and enhancement of online or printed provider directories for new or existing program lines or member and provider portal content and functionality
- Leads and assists with the execution of initiatives to improve member satisfaction/retention
- Drafts copy and manages the design process for member health intervention pieces
- Employs Constant Contact or other e-blast tool to distribute approved e-communications to providers, members, and other external audiences
- Gathers information from various BMCHP departments to support member communications.
- Recommends and gathers topics for various internal and external newsletters
- General supervision received daily
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum of4-6 years of progressively responsible communications experience
- Demonstrated writing and editing, and materials production ability.
- Demonstrated experience leading graphic design and writing projects, particularly for newsletters, periodicals and collateral materials.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience managing vendor logistics of mailings/material distributions
- Experience working with internal clients and demonstrated customer service skills.
- Health plan provider and member communications experience; internal and media communications experience
- Online/digital communications experience
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
- Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects.
- Detail oriented, excellent proof reading and editing skills.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and executing e-communications, including e-blasts, e-newsletters, working with web content management system
- Ability to develop and maintain strong vendor relationships and with other external partners
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position
Let us search jobs for you based on your skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching