Develops and supports business applications supporting BMCHP and helps define and analyze business requirements for applications. Under general supervision, analyzes and evaluates BMCHP business problems and devises computer programs and related procedures to process data and resolve problems by providing tier 2 support. Prepares charts and diagrams, and develops coding logic flowcharts. Gathers information from business systems analysts and users, defines work problems, and develops complete specifications to enable programmers to prepare required programs. Exhibits excellent diagnostic and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task, who has experience in the healthcare industry.
- Responsible for the ongoing operation, support, maintenance, and upgrade of all BMCHP systems.
- Provides senior-level support for packaged applications for our major processes, including claims, care management, and network management.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated helpdesk or production support requests in a timely manner.
- Work with business representatives and IT management to define requirements for applications supporting BMCHP through written functional and technical specifications for applications.
- Implement, design, develop, and test new software applications, extensions to packages and web-based functions and services, and provide on-going support for these applications.
- Develop and support interfaces between business systems internal to BMCHP and external partners.
- Design, configure, and implement new software packages, and provide on-going support for these packages.
- Establish and implement development and support standards and guidelines
- Mentors and coaches more junior programming staff members.
- Provides technical supervision to less experienced staff as needed.
- Indirect supervision is received weekly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ progressively responsible experience in the development and/or support of software systems required, including multi-tiered client server applications and web-based applications, services, and objects.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience designing and using relational databases, including Microsoft SQL server, required.
- Experience with Microsoft development tools, such as VB VB, current version of Visual Studio.NET & .NET framework.
- Experience developing windows and web-based applications, services, and objects, particularly C# and .NET.
- Background in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with Facets or other BMC products desirable.
- Experience in a technical customer-service role desirable.
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
- Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience with installing, supporting, and building interfaces for third-party applications
- Strong working knowledge in software development industry standards, including development life cycle concepts and data modeling tools.
- Very strong experience in diagnosis and problem analysis.
- Ability to identify business needs through direct interaction with users and to create specifications.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk
*BMC HealthNet Plan is moving its Boston office from Copley Place to the Schrafft Center at 529 Main Street in Charlestown. The move is expected to take place by the end of 2016.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.