Director of Training and Quality AssuranceApply
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Operations, the Director of Training and Quality Assurance is responsible for the strategic vision, design and execution of training and quality assurance (QA) programs supporting the organization’s Chief Operating Officer’s Division. Leading a team of non-clinical trainers and quality assurance staff and by collaborating cross-functionally with organizational stakeholders, the Director actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods for enhancing performance and cultivating a high performance culture.
The Director is accountable for the design and delivery of operational training and QA programs which support a broad range of functional areas including but not limited to; Member and Provider Services Call Center, Member Enrollment, Provider Enrollment, Claims Operations, Member and Provider Appeals and Provider Engagement
The Director will ensure training and QA programs are implemented on-time and on-budget while meeting the key success criteria outlined and will also develop role-based learning plans that leverage scalable technology solutions and instructional methods.
- Plans, organizes and leads Training and QA programs ensuring proper execution at all levels of the department.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business and oversees the planning, prioritization and development of new training programs and initiatives that are consistent with the businesses’ overall strategy, objectives and needs.
- Overall responsibility for department-specific Training and QA programs for all product lines. Implements new strategies, programs and requirements as necessary for teams to meet contractual, regulatory and accreditation requirements as well as customer needs for all product lines.
- Oversees call monitoring QA programs and ensures consistency in coaching and performance management. Conducts needs assessments, tracks trends through call monitoring scores and partners with the leadership team to identify training and coaching opportunities for staff at all levels.
- Drive the adoption and ensure the execution of initiative across the Chief Operating Officer’s Division that drive efficiencies and improve performance.
- Manage, Coach and develop Training Consultants/Specialists.
- Leads the development, implementation and revisions of training and quality programs that address knowledge gaps for existing staff or serve to onboard and support new staff including training curriculum and methodology, workflows, policies, procedures, job aids, scripting and collateral material.
- Evaluates Training and QA programs and activities to determine the effectiveness of the trainers, course material and delivery methodologies and implements enhancements of established training and QA standards and performance metrics as appropriate.
- Performs all other tasks as needed as a member of the management team to meet the goals of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Training & Development, Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or business experience directly related to job responsibilities and qualifications
- 7+ years of leadership/professional training experience required.
- Knowledge base in training methodologies, adult learning theory and evaluation processes, alternate learning formats, media and training design delivery methodologies.
- Working knowledge of health plan business.
- Contact center customer service quality monitoring knowledge and quality improvement concepts, practices and procedures is required.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects.
- Detail oriented, excellent proof reading and editing skills.
- Demonstrated results in building teams and coaching techniques.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.